Wednesday, May 24, 2006

ARE END-TIMERS TRAITORS TO THE US?

I'msure if anyone read this, they would have somethingto say about it: some in the vein that they agree with me totally without thinking about it; others that I'm some heathen. But the question is valid.

End-Timers believe in their interpretation of The Book of Revelations. According to their interpretation, God's Children (them) will be whisked away to Heaven to leave the wicked (us) to fight it out, and once the fighting is over, God will return them to a Heaven on Earth. Sounds good, as a story. But I have questions.

For instance, according to some End-Timers, not all the Righteous are going to be whisked away in The Rapture. Some will be stranded here on Earth with us wicked folk. There is in fact a chosen few who will be whisked away. So as an End-Timer, how do you know you will be one of the Chosen? I mean, it's not like there's a list, is there?

But let's say for the sake of arguement, you are one of the Chosen. If that's true, why do you care what happens on the Earth? Why do you care what the wicked do, as the End-Times are coming (I knew an End-Timer who said in the year 2007) and you won't be here? The only possible explanation for your behavior is to try to accelerate the coming of the Rapture. If this is so, then your political actions are not taken for the good of the country as you profess, but for the good of End-Timers; and your political actions are actually a betrayal of your fellow citizens, who won't be saved by your considerably vengeful God. In other words, you're selling all the rest of us down the river for your personal salvation (though how betrayal translates into a Christian virtue, I don't know).

On the other hand, you could argue that since you don't know if you are one of the Chosen you're hedging your bets. But tha's a cop-out. If your faith is so strong, why would you need to hedge your bets? Hell (Sorry), you're going to Heaven, and that's that. The rest of us can fry! Which brings me back to the question of why you do what you do? You're not making the Earth a better place for me by your actions. In point of fact, I think you're making it worse. So stop trying to save my soul by controlling everything we wicked would like to do. The only thing you seem to be trying to do is destroy the US that much faster so that you can meet your interpretation of your maker that much faster. To me (but what do I know; I'm wicked), that's treason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home