Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Terror - It Ain't What It Used to Be!

The following is sung to the tune of the Monty Python hit "Spam" - Terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror, terror - wonderful terror -

You get the idea. The Weasel in Chief is giving another speech on the War on Terror. It feels to me that at this point he's giving a speech on the War on Terror about once a week. Hell, he went to the Far East and, guess what? - gave a speech on the War on terror! I don't know about you, but I'm all terrored out. I mean, let's be real; we've had speeches out the whazoo about the War on Terror, we've had god knows how many elevated threat levels - whatever happened to those anyway; guess he got re-elected and all the threats just went away - and I don't feel any safer from the Preznit's constant reminders that we're at War. I do, however, feel numb from all his talk.

He has given one of these speeches at least once a week now and hasn't said anything new. What's more, it's all talk. There have been no new developments. bin Laden is still running around; Zarqawi is still blowing people up, US troops are dying in both Afghanistan and Iraq daily, London was still bombed, Jordan was bombed, and nothing seems to be getting done - other than possibly the Arab World hates us that much more.

Karen Hughes goes on a mission to fix our reputation in the MidEast; well, she pretty much got heckled. Condi Rice has to run to Israel because they need to broker a deal which has been already brokered. And the Idiot in Chief - he keeps saying the same thing, doing the same thing, because he knows he's the chosen one. I just have to ask, are we really better off now than we were five years ago? I know there are people out there who just love the jackass in charge, but how would they answer that question, I wonder. I know that at this point, I'm all terrored out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home